Poco Loco Poco Loco is offline

Default Missing plane getting suspicious

On Sun, 09 Mar 2014 13:32:22 -0400, wrote:

On Sun, 09 Mar 2014 12:35:07 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

I was just reading that authorities have determined that the passports
used by at least two of the passengers were stolen. Strongly raises the
possibility of a terrorist or other unlawful event and not necessarily a
failure of the airplane or it's systems.

I have not heard much news this weekend, the kids were here and we
were not looking at much TV.

Did the pilot squawk the hijack code?
That might be the most important factor. What did they hear on the
radio?

If this thing went down so suddenly that they did not get a chance for
a mayday, it is either a bomb or more likely, catastrophic mechanical
failure It is hard to believe that in this security environment that
you could get a bomb on a plane that would take a 777 down so fast
that they could not radio in a distress call.

OTOH they may just be covering up everything they have, for some
reason.

The news said no transmissions from the plane. Don't see how that could be unless there was an
explosion, or the flight crew was somehow disabled before the thing went into the water.