BAR[_2_] BAR[_2_] is offline

Default To be a pilot with the Northern Virginia Radio Controlled Club

In article , says...

On Sat, 8 Mar 2014 05:44:01 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

On Saturday, March 8, 2014 8:22:15 AM UTC-5, John H. wrote:
On Sat, 8 Mar 2014 04:50:31 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

Where's this? Do you fly? What?

I'm in SC. I fly airplanes mostly, from a couple of small electrics up to a giant-scale gas plane. I have a small indoor heli I play with sometimes.

This is our club: http://congareeflyer.com/

I'm building a set of floats to put on an old, .40 glow sized trainer to give float flying a shot. One of the local clubs hosts a float fly on the local lake where I boat every year.

Wow! Very nice flying facility. The pictures are great. I'll bet the new runway is a boon to
take-offs and landings.

Thanks for the link. That was fun.

Now, I could use some advice, 'cause I'm getting conflicting answers. I am considering two
airplanes:

Super Cub, BNF and the dx6i 6 channel transmitter:
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...bnf-HBZ7380#t2
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...ode-2-SPMR6610

or, the Apprentice, RTF,
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...nology-EFL3100

The flyers I've talked to say to go with the Super Cub. When I call the model shops, they say go
with the Apprentice. The Apprentice is bigger, has brushless motor, SAFE technology, etc, but only
the dx5e 5 channel transmitter which has a lot less capability than the dx6i. If I get the Super Cub
BNF with the upgraded transmitter, the costs are getting pretty close between the two choices.

What do you think?

It appears that your choice is flying your plane or fixing your plane. Which one do you want
to do the most?