Poco Loco Poco Loco is offline

Default To be a pilot with the Northern Virginia Radio Controlled Club

On Sat, 8 Mar 2014 05:44:01 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Saturday, March 8, 2014 8:22:15 AM UTC-5, John H. wrote:
On Sat, 8 Mar 2014 04:50:31 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

Where's this? Do you fly? What?

I'm in SC. I fly airplanes mostly, from a couple of small electrics up to a giant-scale gas plane. I have a small indoor heli I play with sometimes.

This is our club: http://congareeflyer.com/

I'm building a set of floats to put on an old, .40 glow sized trainer to give float flying a shot. One of the local clubs hosts a float fly on the local lake where I boat every year.

Wow! Very nice flying facility. The pictures are great. I'll bet the new runway is a boon to
take-offs and landings.

Thanks for the link. That was fun.

Now, I could use some advice, 'cause I'm getting conflicting answers. I am considering two
airplanes:

Super Cub, BNF and the dx6i 6 channel transmitter:
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...bnf-HBZ7380#t2
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...ode-2-SPMR6610

or, the Apprentice, RTF,
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...nology-EFL3100

The flyers I've talked to say to go with the Super Cub. When I call the model shops, they say go
with the Apprentice. The Apprentice is bigger, has brushless motor, SAFE technology, etc, but only
the dx5e 5 channel transmitter which has a lot less capability than the dx6i. If I get the Super Cub
BNF with the upgraded transmitter, the costs are getting pretty close between the two choices.

What do you think?