posted to alt.usenet.kooks,alt.checkmate,rec.boats.cruising,alt.sailing.asa
Checkmate Checkmate is offline

Default I'm so smart . . .

Warning! Always wear ANSI approved safety goggles when reading posts
by Checkmate!

First check out what % said:

Checkmate wrote:
Warning! Always wear ANSI approved safety goggles when reading
posts by Checkmate!

First check out what Sir Gregory Hall, Esq. said:

Unlike you lazy lubbers, I don't have pressure water. My yacht's
potable water is contained in tanks which are connected to
hand-pumps with flexible hoses.

Here's an example of a ohand pump:

http://www.westmarine.com/freshwater...y-pump--190595

Well, my galley pump was getting harder and harder to operate and
just the smallest stream of water was coming out the spout. I
checked the length of the hose to the water tank for pinching and
kinks but there were none. The only other thing I figured it could
be was there must be a screen on the end of the hose inside the
tank. The screen must slowly have gotten clogged. Getting to this
would involve removing the tank - an all day job.

Well, I used my brain instead of my brawn. I removed the hose where
it connects to the pump and fitted it with a brass fitting and
Schrader valve which I have in stock for use to pressurize and
overboard discharge my sewage holding tank. I hose-clamped it on so
it wouldn't leak and then I connected an old fashioned bicycle
floor pump to the Schrader valve and pumped away. At first it was
a little hard to pump then I heard a bubbling noise and it got
easier and easier to pump. In other words, the debris that was
clogging the intake screen was blown out.

Now the galley pump is easy to operate and lots of water comes out
on every stroke. I added a little bleach to the tank to kill any
stirred-up bacteria, algae, etc.

You dumbass lubbers would find yourself spending hundreds of
dollars paying a plumber while it didn't cost me one thin dime -
just a little thought and elbow grease. Now, I'm about ready to
break out a cold bottle of wine from my refrigerator that runs from
environmentally friendly photovoltaics causing no greenhouse gasses
to be released to the environment.

Living off the grid is so darned responsible and kewl. Living on
the grid and complaining about greenhouse gasses like you freaking
lubbers do is the height of hypocrisy.

You... you unclogged the **** on the end of your water intake with
some compressed air, and you think that's a big deal? That's bush
league ****, Gweggles. Tell me when you actually do something more
remarkable.

If I were you, I'd probably be a little more concerned about what
kind of crap is floating around in your water supply. Then again,
I don't **** in a bucket and then wash my dishes in it. Just
sayin'...

he's really not all there you know

Where's the rest of him?

in the bucket

That calls for an O and a couple of L's.

--
Checkmate

"The Man Who Spanked Fakey"

KotAGoR XXXIV
AUK Hammer of Thor award, Feb. 2012
co-winner, Pierre Salinger Memorial Hook,
Line & Sinker award, May 2001
Copyright © 2014
all rights reserved