rw

Default Life in Congo, Part V: What a (long) strange trip its being....

Mary Malmros wrote:

Wrong kind of "dangerous". It's a monstrous clog on the arteries.
In its native form, I believe, it's got quite a bit of saturated
fat, and it frequently shows up in food products in a hydrogenated
form, which is the worst stuff out there. So, it's not bull****,
but nevertheless a really bizarre non sequitur.

While it's true that palm oil is high in saturated fat, so are pork
chops and prime rib. I wouldn't eat a diet very rich in palm oil, but I
don't consider it "dangerous." It's very stable and has a pleasant
flavor. If I recall correctly, it's supposed to be especially good for
baking.