riverman

Default Life in Congo, Part V: What a (long) strange trip its being....

"rb608" wrote in message

"riverman" wrote in message
If anything, there might be some first world Food and
Drug conflicts with the sanitation or quality of the product, since it

IS
being produced in the heart of the jungle, and transported in all sorts

of
marginally sterile containers (lets not even go there). But as for its
inherent danger...not a chance.

IIRC, there was a big thing a few years ago about its cumulative
contribution to high cholesterol through its prevalence in things like
non-dairy coffee creamers. Beyond that, though, I've never heard

anything
about it being dangerous (and even that may be wrong.)

Try to track that down, Joel, just for curiosity. This site
http://mpob.gov.my/nut_12fact.htm says just the opposite, but we all know
about scientific research, especially the kind funded by the manufacturers
of the product itself.

Another site said how Palm Oil is the number two most consumed oil in the
world, behind Sunflower oil! I had no idea how large an industry it was.
--riverman