riverman

Default Life in Congo, Part V: What a (long) strange trip its being....

"Scott Seidman" wrote in message
. 1.4...
"Stan Gula" wrote in
:

I would like to see a reference for that too. My bull**** meter got
up to 75% on that one and I got curious. All I can find is one
environmental action group recommending a boycott of palm oil products
that are produced in areas where the orangutan still lives (because
people are clearing forests to plant oil palms), a few articles on
import bans (to shore up local production), some articles on
developing plantations (in Australia), and a reclassification of 'raw
palm oil' in India due to an import tax loophole. Nothing about
dangers in consumption but a lot of signs of a huge industry (who
knew!).

I've always heard that oiling up your palm can lead to blindness

Yeah, but NOT oiling up your palm can lead to all sorts of other problems.

--riverman
(you've been warned!)