Stan Gula

Default Life in Congo, Part V: What a (long) strange trip its being....

"BJ Conner" wrote in message
om...
"leaves with palm oil "
Palm oil is really dangerous, It's not allowed in many countrys now,
Australian for one.

"riverman" wrote in message
Wow, I'd like to know more about that. Too bad, palm oil is quite tasty.

I would like to see a reference for that too. My bull**** meter got up to
75% on that one and I got curious. All I can find is one environmental
action group recommending a boycott of palm oil products that are produced
in areas where the orangutan still lives (because people are clearing
forests to plant oil palms), a few articles on import bans (to shore up
local production), some articles on developing plantations (in Australia),
and a reclassification of 'raw palm oil' in India due to an import tax
loophole. Nothing about dangers in consumption but a lot of signs of a huge
industry (who knew!).