Jim Wallis

Default paddles on airlines

That will be a spot of classic British understatement on my part :-)

Last year my friend managed to get his tripod on as hand luggage despite
my warning him they would probably take it off him - well they did take
it off him and lock it away in the crew area during the flight. Not
something I would try having seen the huge bins full of confiscated
items at the security checkpoints!

JIM

Mary Malmros wrote:
Jim Wallis writes:

Since 9/11 carrying paddles in hand luggage has become a bit more
difficult for obvious reasons.

A bit more difficult? Try "it won't be happening". I put my
brother on the plane yesterday and got to read the long list of
sporting gear that's explicitly prohibited as carryon. All I can
say is, if you can't take ski poles or a hockey stick, they're sure
not gonna let you take a paddle.