Wilko

Default River Grades - Rafts vs Kayaks

Geoff Jennings wrote:

I think we should rate rapids based on a combination of both the rapid, the
boat, and the paddler. For instance, there is a rapid, that shall remain
nameless due to embarrassment, that flips me every time. It's "easier" than
many other rapids I paddle, and I've done it a few dozen times, and yet, it
flips me. I think it should be at least a V.

big grin

Come to think of it, I know a rapid which my GF refuses to run, because
she's "not sure that she's good enough". She accidentally ran it several
years ago, acing it. Now that she's progressed several classes and finds
it well within her ability, she seems to find new excuses not to run it.

Funny thing is that she runs much harder stuff everywhere else, just not
that one rapid.

--
Wilko van den Bergh
Eindhoven The Netherlands Europe