Tim Tim is offline

Default Shotgun for Home Defense

On Friday, February 14, 2014 7:19:13 PM UTC-6, John H. wrote:
On Fri, 14 Feb 2014 20:05:28 -0500, BAR wrote:

In article , says...

In a shooting forum discussion on pellet size for home defense with a shotgun:

"I figure that one shot with #4 three inch turkey shot will make 2 people out of one and 2 shots at

the same person with the same load will make a crowd out of him."

Good enough for me.

Just go with 12 gauge, 00 buck and be done with it. When you think of the distances you have

to shoot within your house you will find that you aren't shooting that far. My house is 50

feet across the back from the family room fireplace, through the kitchen and through the door

to the dinning room wall. Call it 15 yards.

Friend has a 16 gauge. I don't think they make 00 buck for 16 gauge,

sure do. Deer slugs too!