Jim Wallis

Default River Grades - Rafts vs Kayaks

I was going to reply but then I thought there was something familiar
about that name - is this the so called lawyer troll that has wrecked
r.b.p? It would explain why his post is irrelevant.

Seakayaker wrote:

"Jim Wallis" wrote in message

There is a fairly good case for expanding the grading system but no-one
will actually make a stand and attempt to do it.

Jim,

Can you imagine the legal liability that would expose you to? Just think,
someone gets injured or dies on a river that you had just graded as a Class
3. All of a sudden the plaintiffs are trying to make it out as a Class 6 and
of course the victim would never have run it except for the fact that you
graded it as something they could do.

I think that's why we won't see any attempts at grading things in the
future.

Steve Holtzman
Southern CA