Hank Hank is offline

Default IRA Required Minimum Distribution...

On 2/13/2014 2:01 PM, Poco Loco wrote:
On Thu, 13 Feb 2014 13:43:27 -0500, wrote:

On Thu, 13 Feb 2014 13:37:23 -0500, HanK wrote:

On 2/13/2014 8:01 AM, Poco Loco wrote:
...calculation is very simple. Get the total value of your IRA's (not Roth) as of the end of the
previous year, divide by a number provided in the IRS table, and that's your minimum distribution.

Then give it to your kids as a Christmas present, minus the taxes you'll owe on it.

Simple, huh?

Or you could get involved in another hobby. Or buy some more guns, or maybe a motorcycle.

So, all you youngsters have nothing to fear. Don't pay some CPA guy to do your taxes for you.

tell me all about it. We'll be needing to do that soon.

This appears top start around 3.7% at 70 and keeps increasing every
year to over 50% when you are 115

Table makes it easy. No percents to mess with.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-tege/uniform_rmd_wksht.pdf

Muchus gracius