Eddy Rapid

Default sponsons really work! (BS)

"William R. Watt" wrote in message

Bill Mason and Eric Morse never took a lesson. Neitehr did nayone in my
family and some of them paddled for thir livlihood. I never had a paddling
lesson. Not needed.

Bill Mason did take lessons by learning from others. It's just that
personal instruction did not exist at his time. If you are ignorant of that
please read "Path of the Paddle" by Bill Mason, first edition, 1980, page 4:
"The fastest way to learn to canoe is with personal instruction. Another is
with the use of book. Film instruction is a third alternative. Probably the
best way is a combination of all three".

Bill Mason's son and daughter, Paul and Becky, are both very much involved
in personal instruction. Paul Mason has also been greatly instrumental in
establishing the standards for certifying canoeing instructors in Canada.
The reasons these standards were set was because people were being harmed
through ignorance. The reason the Ontario Recreational Canoeing Association
(http://www.orca.on.ca/About-Us/index.html) was set up was because 12 kids
died on Lake Tamiskaming due to ignorance of basic technique and safety.

In the very precise sense of the word, in this regard at least, the kindest
thing that I can think of is that you appear very ignorant, William.

Parham.