William R. Watt

Default sponsons really work! (BS)

"Michael Daly" ) writes:

I take lessons all the time. Who says I pay? Not all lessons are from
professional instructors. I learn from others who are more experienced. You
on the other hand, assume you know everything and can preach about anything.
Yet you prove with your ridiculous claims that you know little at all.

you are backtracking and nit-picking. you introduced the term "formal
instruction" into the discussion, not I. you are just trying to cover your
ass. there is so much material on paddling you need go no further than the
public library for those "advanced techniques" which mos paddler do nto
need because, as I wrote earlier, they are not interested in paddling for
pleasure in rough conditions. paddlers who paddle for their livelyhood are
also nto interested in paddlign in rought conditions. only a few idots are
interested in paddlign in rough conditions for entertainment or to prove
themselves or whatever. the rest of us listen to weather reports and stay
off the water when conditions are likely to be roungh. being "wind bound"
is a paddling traditions. doing a lot og backing and filling and changing
direction just to be contrary and win an hopeless argument.

The greatest paddlers who
made the greatest discoveries never had a lesson.

Bull****. The explorers and traders that opened up North America learned
about canoes and paddling from the first nations. Many explorers had native
guides. The Europeans worked with the first nations to set up the trade they
had. Read Adney and Chappelle for starters - information on how the white
man aquired canoes for the fur trade from the natives.

BS yourself. I'm getting timed out again, just when I'm getting started.
Bill Mason and Eric Morse never took a lesson. Neitehr did nayone in my
family and some of them paddled for thir livlihood. I never had a paddling
lesson. Not needed.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm