Boating All Out Boating All Out is offline

Default Windows XP end of support

In article , says...

Ahh, but you see, Apple products come with first-rate customer care.
When I couldn't get my Canon camera to link up properly over WiFi with
my new iMac, no matter what I did, I called AppleCare and the case was
assigned to one of its contract developers, who made some suggestions
and when they didn't work, he escalated it to a workgroup, a member of
whom called me and emailed a utility to me that Apple has to download
and transmit certain files from my machine. It took two days for the
tech to get back to me with a file he emailed and I loaded. Solved the
problem.

But, of course, Windows XP is sooooo much mo'betta, and so is the highly
touted Microsoft support, so long as you want to deal with guys whose
first and second languages ain't English and whose ultimate answer
usually is, "Well, just reload windows."

Have a nice day.

Now, I know the great Windoze gurus here could have solved the problem
as easily as a roomful of monkeys sitting at typewriters could write
Joyce's Ulysses, right, because the gurus here are so up to date and
experienced in coding contemporary software that interfaces with Apple's
OS. Right?

Sounds like a real cluster**** - tech support emailing a "fix" for a
problem.
You're missing the point being made.
Most likely Canon provided Microsoft with drivers that work.
Those driver are included in Win 7.
Or the drivers that came with the camera work on Win 7.
XP is old. Hell, Win 7 is about 5 years old.
I don't know why it should take a phone tech and then a "workgroup"
to make your camera properly work with your iMac.
The more you talk about "Applecare," the less attractive Apple seems to
me. All I'm hearing is "Applecare." That's tech support.
Most people don't enjoy calling tech support, under any names.