F.O.A.D. F.O.A.D. is offline

Default Windows XP end of support

On 2/11/14, 4:11 AM, KC wrote:

Sigh. Yet more problems for Windozes users. Meanwhile, an Apple software
developer called me this morning to let me know he'd be emailing me a
small test program which he thinks will take care of a minor glitch I
had with a bit of hardware. Oh, he was in North Carolina and spoke
"Americanese." And what did I pay for my copy of Apple Mavericks OS that
I installed on my laptop? Why...nothing.

Thank you, Microsoft.

This get's funnier and funnier every time.. Now you have a personal tech
guy just to fix a "minor glitch" (aka, lobsta boat) on your "hardware"
(also lobsta boat)... I have been running my machine for years. Got a
video card changed a couple years back, still doing fine. Today I was at
a client running Paint shop Pro, Dreamweaver, Macromedia Flash Maker,
Any video converter, Firefox, Chrome, a text editor, and downloading
movies from the customer computer.... all at the same time while hooked
up to a verison wireless router and doing live edits to his website
adding video and photos... .. No crashes.. I just don't see what the big
deal is with you guys...

Ahh, but you see, Apple products come with first-rate customer care.
When I couldn't get my Canon camera to link up properly over WiFi with
my new iMac, no matter what I did, I called AppleCare and the case was
assigned to one of its contract developers, who made some suggestions
and when they didn't work, he escalated it to a workgroup, a member of
whom called me and emailed a utility to me that Apple has to download
and transmit certain files from my machine. It took two days for the
tech to get back to me with a file he emailed and I loaded. Solved the
problem.

But, of course, Windows XP is sooooo much mo'betta, and so is the highly
touted Microsoft support, so long as you want to deal with guys whose
first and second languages ain't English and whose ultimate answer
usually is, "Well, just reload windows."

Have a nice day.

Now, I know the great Windoze gurus here could have solved the problem
as easily as a roomful of monkeys sitting at typewriters could write
Joyce's Ulysses, right, because the gurus here are so up to date and
experienced in coding contemporary software that interfaces with Apple's
OS. Right?

--
Sarah Palin is watching the Sochi Olympic Games from the front porch of
her house.