Boating All Out Boating All Out is offline

Default Windows XP end of support

In article ,
says...

Both of my Windows laptops are 64 bit machines with a similar CPU clock
speed of the iMac. I think the iMac has a slightly faster CPU than the
Vista laptop but is near identical to the Win7 laptop. The major
difference is RAM. The laptops each have 4Gb whereas the iMac has 8Gb.
I don't know how that would affect how hot they run however. Maybe it
does. I just don't know. All I know is that the iMac is dead silent,
even when performing a lot of computing and I can't feel any "warm"
spots on it anywhere. I've felt for it, mainy because I am curious like
that.

Graphics GPU, fan and case quality also come into play.
Some GPUs have noisy fans - if you have one. Might have integrated
graphics.
Never had a laptop, except a couple provided by work.
My desktop emits a hum from various fans, but doesn't change when
running graphics intenseive apps.
There has been a hobby, or whatever you want to call it, to have quiet
machines of late. Low-decibel fans, "quiet" hard drives, and insulated
cases.
You didn't mention if the laptops have SSDs.