Mr. Luddite Mr. Luddite is offline

Default Windows XP end of support

On 2/10/2014 6:31 PM, Boating All Out wrote:
In article , says...

Have you contacted Apple directly via Apple Care? I had a problem
getting the built-in wifi on my new little Canon camera to link up
consistently with my new iMac. I contacted Apple care last week, an
engineer called me, he had a solution that partially worked and said he
would escalate the problem to a development team. He called me on
Saturday to let me know the "team" sent him an email saying it was
working on the problem and might get back to him this week.

I'm beginning to see why the computer-illiterate prefer Apple.
Hand-holding.
I wonder how many people here with Win systems have talked to or
exchanged e-mails with Window tech support.
Not me.

Me either and I've been using Windows since it came out. Before that I
used DOS and "Geo-Works".

I am still exploring the Mac world. There are things I like and there
are things I either don't like or maybe don't understand yet.

One thing is for sure however. The "Mac" world is not as intuitive or
problem-free as many of the Apple acolytes would like us all to believe.

Other than the issue I am having with recording midi stuff I really
haven't had an issue that I couldn't figure out, but it sometimes takes
some hunting on the 'net to find the answers. The "help" sections and
tutorials built into the Mac are not very specific or helpful. I get
the impression sometimes that those who never used a computer or Windows
would have an easier time becoming accustom to the Mac world which is
maybe why I get tangle footed sometimes.

Here's an example. I was trying to set up the 16 channels for midi
event inputs last night. There's a window I found that represents the
channels as boxes, numbered 1-16. I discovered if you click on the
individual boxes, they change color from white to blue but nowhere does
it indicate if blue represents "on" or "off". I guess you are just
supposed to know this stuff. Wouldn't a check mark for "on" and blank
for "off" make more sense? Why white and blue? Beats me.

This is after spending an hour even finding the setup window with the
boxes for these channels. Nowhere can I find any references to it in
the help sections or setup instructions.