F.O.A.D. F.O.A.D. is offline

Default Windows XP end of support

On 2/10/14, 2:31 AM, wrote:
On Mon, 10 Feb 2014 01:08:02 -0500, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Mon, 10 Feb 2014 00:58:43 -0500,
wrote:

For $200 it comes with a fairly fast processor and Win 7 professional.

I suspect it will sell out quickly at that price.

I bet off lease W7 machines will be more like $125 -150 soon and Tiger
is not usually even the best place to look.

===

Win7 Pro by itself is worth $80 or more.

That is not a retail version it is the OEM so it is really not worth
that much.
They usually call that "logo only" (has a valid 25 digit code sticker)
You are probably going to have to reload it.
Since there were originally sold as "enterprise" machines, they don't
come with the disks a retail customer gets.
You may have to buy the disk (~$10). I bought one for my first off
lease HP XP machine.
It is good because it comes with all the HP drivers.

A few years ago, I saw some allegedly new, legit XP CDs at a computer
swap meeting. They were $5 to $10. Wouldn't Win 7 be available at the
same sales outlets soon at similar prices? I don't keep up with the
Windoze OS anymore, but I was going to install Win 7 on my Mac until I
saw the OS was fetching $100+ from mail order dealers. If I happen to
notice a swap meet in the area, I might stop by and pay up to $10 for a
64-bit Win 7 CD/DVD.

--
There’s no point crying over spilled 4-Methylcyclohexanemethanol.