Mr. Luddite Mr. Luddite is offline

Default Outstanding Video on drug use

On 2/7/2014 10:59 AM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
On 2/7/14, 10:50 AM, Tim wrote:
On Friday, February 7, 2014 9:46:00 AM UTC-6, F.O.A.D. wrote:

Yeah, what we have created in this country is a growth industry for the

privatization of penal institutions. The corporations pressure the

legislators to pass more laws and stiffer sentences so more people can

be imprisoned for longer periods of time and so the private slams will

be guaranteed more income. It's a wonderful system and requires a lot

less brainpower than something that might actually work.

What would you do to handle the drug problem?

I don't claim to have *the* solution, but I do know that creating a
growth industry in prisons for the private sector ain't it. I think
decriminalizing simple possession for personal use would be a good
starting point, though.

MA already decriminalized pot for adult possession of an ounce or less.

That's not the problem. The problem is with much more dangerous and
addictive opiates.

As previously posted, my suggestion is mandatory drug counseling,
education and rehab if required for minors caught with illegal drugs.
The entire cost of the minor's treatment and education program to be
borne entirely by the kid's parents.

The parents is where I cast the blame.