Poco Loco Poco Loco is offline

Default Outstanding Video on drug use

On Fri, 07 Feb 2014 10:46:00 -0500, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

On 2/7/14, 10:22 AM, Tim wrote:
On Friday, February 7, 2014 9:10:30 AM UTC-6, F.O.A.D. wrote:
On 2/7/14, 10:03 AM, Tim wrote:

filled with addicts and drug dealers. Build more jails?

That was Illinois idea all through the 80's and 90's. I think there was a plan for there to be a minimum/ medium security prison for every 3 counties. And would have been until funding ran out. Still would have been a bigger drain on the taxes. Way more than fines would compensate for.

snipped

What would you do to handle the drug problem? The jails already are

Yeah, what we have created in this country is a growth industry for the
privatization of penal institutions. The corporations pressure the
legislators to pass more laws and stiffer sentences so more people can
be imprisoned for longer periods of time and so the private slams will
be guaranteed more income. It's a wonderful system and requires a lot
less brainpower than something that might actually work.

It's good to see you blaming corporations for the problem.

What are the unions doing to help. In your position, you should have some knowledge of that. I would
assume the schools in MA are 'union' schools. Or, do the unions just wash their hands of the issue
and blame the corporations, like you do.