M.E.

Default Stainless Prop Damage - Follow up

Being that it is a 140 HP SN# 4651683 (1977) Mercruiser Drive, what are the
chances I can bolt something else up to it? I've seen 1.98 Gear ratio Alpha
1's will they fit or is it a lot of work? I'm seeing outdrives going for
anywheres from $200-$600... I have found out from looking around Mercruiser
has a pretty standard prop shaft for most drives is this correct?

Thanks for the help
Mike

"Clams Canino" wrote in message
And check Ebay daily.

-W

"Dan Krueger" wrote in message
ink.net...
Time to find a boat boneyard. You can probably get one used for under

$100.00.
Any marine flea markets in your area?

Dan

Clams Canino wrote:

I show $386 for a Merc Alpha one propshaft - part only. That should

help
warm you up to the total bill.

-W

"M.E." wrote in message

Let me guess... $$$$?? Does anyone know an average cost to this job?

Thanks for the feedback.

"Clams Canino" wrote in message

Agree.

-W

"jchaplain" wrote in message

Shop job.

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 18:07:42 -0400, "M.E."
wrote:

It would appear that not only did the prop take some damage but the

prop

shaft is also bent... grrr... nice end to the boating season...

anyways,

is

this a job that can be tackled at home or is it a shop job?

Thanks,

"M.E." wrote in message

Hey everyone,

Well the costs of boating strike again... my dad was out today in

our

boat

and the stainless prop has damage to the one blade... there is

also

bit

of

damage to the skeg... the skeg I know how to deal with but the

stainless

prop I'm not sure... It looks like it may have just kid of scraped

rock

or

something... Any suggestions or ideas on how to go about

repairing

this

as

there is a tiny bit of material missing now and a bit of a bend.

Thanks,
Mike