Dave Van

Default Walden Vista Expedition or Prijon Capri I

in article , EJ at
wrote on 9/2/03 7:28 AM:

I simply need a boat I can get on and off my vehicle alone. As a
small woman, my family's Dagger Prospect simply requires another
person to help me. I'm looking to use the kayak for a couple of hours
here and there, mostly on the protected bay and local calm river. I'd
be paying about $120 more for the Prijon and am trying to figure out
whether there's value in that.
Thanks!

Can't speak specifically regarding the handling characteristics of either
boat but here's a couple things to look into. In General, the Prijon boats,
being blow molded, tend to be higher density and stiffer than their
rotationally molded brethren. This reduces hull deformation from roof and
storage racks. Another benefit, inch for inch, the Prijons tend to be a
little lighter. If car topping alone is a major criteria, a few pounds at
the end of a long day of paddling can make quite a difference.