Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Making plans for this years boating season

On Mon, 27 Jan 2014 12:08:23 -0800 (PST), True North
wrote:

I'm excited thinking of trailering the Legend Xcalibur down to Cape Breton's Mira River.
Beautiful area and I haven't boated there yet.
Looks like a half decent launch ramp at Marion Bridge.
Here's a tune by Anne Murray and the Celtic Women about the charms of the area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3nSDAocKKU

===

There is no better way to spend a long, cold winter than planning a
boat trip. A lot of our adventures started out that way, and at
least one of them was inspired by a message exchange right here on
rec.boats. Possibly you remember Dave Brown, aka "Dave of the North",
who owns Brown's Marina at Chaffe's Locks on the Rideaux Canal?

http://www.brownsmarina.com/

Dave was a prolific contributor to rec.boats at one time.

You could probably do a Rideaux Canal cruise on your boat if you had
some camper canvas and improvised bunks. We ran into a lot of
Canadians doing exactly that. We still remember it as one of our best
boat trips ever.

http://www.rideau-info.com/canal/trip_plan.html