Mr. Luddite Mr. Luddite is offline

Default I wouldn't get...

On 1/25/2014 9:43 AM, Hank wrote:
On 1/25/2014 8:40 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
That all said though, I acknowledge that for the number of daily
flights, miles flown and passengers carried, flying has an excellent
safety record. My problem is that I am listening to every sound, clunk
and hydraulic whir when strapped in the seat. :-)

Didn't hear any disconcerting sounds in Frank's bird. I was impressed.

That's right. I forgot you flew in it. Problem is, how could you tell?
It's so noisy to begin with and I wouldn't recognize a "disconcerting"
sound if I heard it.

The "other" guy (that I bought the house with the hanger from) had the
R-22. He's the one who took me up two or three times before I found out
he was still a student pilot. His helicopter ended up being grounded by
FAA directive. Some of the R-22s had problems with de-lamination of the
rotors and his was on the list that had not had them replaced. I think
he sold it rather than fix it.