Poco Loco Poco Loco is offline

Default Question on ...

On Fri, 17 Jan 2014 08:12:11 -0500, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

If you goggle the following:

radiation detection aboard u.s. navy ships

you'll find plenty of "hits" regarding various U.S. ships and
helicopters "irradiated" by the power plant problems in Japan.

It's interesting that the Navy is so quick to say that the amount of
radiation deposited on various crew members was only equal to a month's
average or several month's average, and so forth. Officialdom, be it
military, corporate or civilian, has a history of grossly understating
the levels of pollutants to which the ordinary folks and workers are
exposed. The United States denied for a long time the impact on
civilians and its own troops of its chemical warfare programs conducted
against the people of Vietnam.

Earlier this week, as a contemporary example, "officials" in West
Virginia said the water in the area near the chemical spill was "safe."
The next day, yesterday, I believe, pregnant women were warned against
using it. The time I spent in The Associated Press in West Virginia was
an eye opener in terms of the efforts I saw being made by those "in
charge" to hide the amounts of pollution of various kinds being inhaled
by workers, their families and others.

If you Googly 'krause tax evasion' you'll get over 750,000 hits. That doesn't mean you're a tax
evader.

Where did you find the 'Navy said' stuff? I'd like to see what they actually said. As to the West
Virginia contamination, pregnant women are often advised to partake less of various items acceptable
to the general population - such as fish from Chesapeake Bay.