Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Question on ...

On Wed, 15 Jan 2014 14:24:14 -0500, wrote:

On Wed, 15 Jan 2014 13:24:56 -0500, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Wed, 15 Jan 2014 12:38:13 -0500,
wrote:

They probably would never know. The fresh water on a ship is
distilled.

===

That's an interesting point. My first reaction was that the whole
thing was impossible and probably trumped up by a lawyer (which may
yet turn out to be the case). However if the drinking water is
derived from distilled sea water, distillation would not remove any
radioactivity, just the salt.

"The radiation" is not radioactive water, it is just radioactive
isotopes dissolved or in suspension in the water.
I bet an R/O would remove most of them because they are so big.
I can't imagine they would survive distillation and would go out with
the discharge.
It would be an interesting experiment tho.

===

Yes it would. Let me know when you finish drinking your product
water and I'll come over with a Geiger counter.