Garrison Hilliard

Default Need Floatation ideas for a new canoe

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 20:48:53 -0500, in rec.boats.paddle you wrote:

Of course, it's been 15 years since I've
canoed, and the short shot of Class III was a bit much for this one... not
really a white water canoe,

That's something I really agree with! Yeah, the "Explorer" is tough and nigh
unsinkable, but it's also too wide and flat-bottomed to be a good whitewater
boat!

but we had enough water and almost made it (make
sure you don't have a U-boat commander in the bow when you go over the
drops... gotta get the weight out of the bow!) hahaha... We came out of the
hydraulics with me a foot out of the water and the commander about chest
deep..... it wasn't looking good!

It sounds... er, "memorable".