Stroyer

Default Need Floatation ideas for a new canoe

1.25 kg.... I get the picture.... just that I hadn't seen a lot of air bag /
chambers out there when I wrote the first note... Thanks for the kick in the
seat of the pants... I needed that.... maybe what you're saying is ... they
THINK!

:-) I'm getting a lot of good ideas here...

"occ" wrote in message
On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 20:21:00 -0500, "Stroyer"
wrote:

When it's full of water and there's no shorline, it's a real bear to get
upright and emptied. Some additional floatation would have been a BIG

help.

I've been surfing the net, looking at different types of foam, extruded

and
beaded polystyrene (styrofoam), polypropylene, etc., but I'm only coming
across manufacturers...

Yes, I'm a newbie, and no, I'm not an engineer... I'm a physicist.... can

ya

Well Mr physicist a cub meter of foam is say 25kg a cub M of air is ?
you tell me

How about air bags?

Thank you

John O'Connell