Mr. Luddite Mr. Luddite is offline

Default my weather....

On 1/7/2014 12:03 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 07 Jan 2014 02:41:21 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 1/7/2014 2:00 AM,
wrote:
On Tue, 07 Jan 2014 00:00:05 -0500, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Mon, 6 Jan 2014 20:24:17 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

According to the Weatherunderground radar there is snow and freezing

rain about 60 miles north of here near Sarasota. That does not bode

well for a good beach day tomorrow.

http://www.wunderground.com/radar/mixedcomposite.asp?region=d5&size=2x&type=loop

The iceman cometh Wayne. For you and Greg, that's most rare, but temporary though...

===

Since we both live on the water, and the water is still around 70
degrees or so, that is an extremely unlikely event. Greg's water is
exceedingly skinny however and consequently holds less heat. On the
other hand, he's a tad farther south. Inland from here it happens
once in a while, and also 20 or 30 miles to the north. As you drive
north a short distance there is a very noticable change in the
predominant vegetation as you cross the frost line.

20.8C at 0700 this morning air and water. (~69.5F)
That is a fairly unusual coincidence.

air temp is 61 right now (0200)

During the three winters we were in Jupiter, I can only recall one
morning when there was frost on the windshield of my car. By 10 am it
was 65 to 70 degrees again.

Our house had electric heaters in the air handlers for the AC units. I
think we used them three or four times in 3 years.

This is one of those rare days when it is cooler than that. I had to
put a shirt on to walk Ed this morning. 50 something.
If you can stay out if the wind, the sun feels good.
People are bundled up like they are in Minnesota

It briefly got into the mid 50's here yesterday before nosediving again
overnight.

People at the stores were walking around in shorts.