Larry Cable

Default DEFENDING THE HONOR OF MY PELICAN/COLEMAN CANOE!

In article , "Garrison Hilliard"
writes:

And you'd be amazed at how durable and easily repaired my Ram-X hull is,

If you are happy with you boat and that's what you can afford, fine. I'm

glad
that you can get on the water. Don't kid yourself into thinking that it is

the
best product for
the job.

But you practically said it was in your opening remark!

I think you're missing the point. The buyers of coleman canoes are generally
just like the buyers of Sea Eagle inflatable kayaks, first time buyers with
little experience or knowledge of boat performance or durablity. You don't have
to drop thousands of dollars for a decent boat and for a few hundred more than
these economy boats, you can get a boat that will perform and last a lifetime.
Take a Mohawk Nova 17, this boat list for $820 dollars direct from Mohawk and
is a far superior boat in all ways to
the Coleman. You can generally pick up the Old Town Discovery series boat for
a couple hundred under that price. While I find the extra weight of Poly hull a
bit cumbersome, the hull design on these boats are decent and the outfitting is
fair if you stay away from the plastic tractor seats.

I've had this same discussion on the inflatable side about Sea Eagles and
others.
But no matter what is said in their defense, the boat is slow, it doesn't
really have a self bailing system and the construction method is suspect. For
pretty close to the same money, you can get a far superior boat from someone
like Innova.

Do the research before you buy. You don't have to accept a poor performing boat
just because you are on a budget.

SYOTR
Larry C.