Blakely LaCroix

Default Building a wooden WW dory

In article , Charles Pezeshki
writes:

The kits I saw out there were in the $3K range, and I was trying to figure
out if I'd be better off just buying plans and then buying raw lumber, or if
I'd be better off just buying a kit. The other thing I'm trying to figure
out is if I'd be better off just buying a raft!

Thanks for the advice. I really do appreciate it. That boat in the link,
while not really what I have in mind, is certainly lovely.

Chuck;

A raft is a great idea.

I purchased mine nearly 10 years ago with the idea that we needed
a craft that the whole family could use. It served us well.

Next summer will be our first year with an empty nest. My wife and I
are already planning larger and more extended trips with the raft for next
summer.

We were out today in the raft on one of the local lakes just to help escape
the heat. It always feels good to have a set of oars in my hands. Must be
some connection to a past life.

Blakely

Blakely LaCroix
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA.