Michael Daly

Default Canoe & Kayak Scams Kills 1,000 Americans

On 13-Aug-2003, Marsh Jones wrote:

Since you've tried them, and *I've* only seen them and decided they were
something I didn't need to try, how did they work in a side wave? That
was my big fear - like taking a flat bottomed Grumman canoe out in a
squall. High initial stability, loss of secondary stability.

Increasing the stability on flat water means reducing the stability in waves.
Broaching in a breaking wave with sponsons means an almost certain
dump. Timmy, of course, refuses to acknowledge this.

Mike