Rick

Default Canoe & Kayak Scams Kills 1,000 Americans

Sadly, however, this is the type of publishing crap that the media will tend
to grab and run with. Soon, you will be hearing the media print and say
that, "the kayaker was not using sponsons," the same way we hear, "the
cyclist was not wearing a helmet." These types of things gather momentum and
often are not anlayzed to determine whether the safety device would have had
any mitigating effect whatsoever. For example, a cyclist was killed a while
back in San Jose by a truck that passed the rider at speed (I won't go into
the details, but it is a well documented event). The cyclist died from a
variety of injuries, any of which were likely fatal. The news article cited
his lack of helmet as though it could possibly save one from injuries
incurred from being hit by a 20 ton gravel truck moving a 50+ mph.

Sigh. Tim was simply annoying and useless, now he's dangerous and useless.

Rick

"Oci-One Kanubi" wrote in message
om...
(Bobo)

[snup]
I sometimes have to shake my head and scream at all this nonsense in
the USA about blaming someone else for their own stupidty. I read
somewhere that in Mexico, when you step in a hole, they call you
"stupid." In the USA, they call you a "millionaire." The personal
injury scam fueled by crooked attorneys in this country has just run
amuck.
[snip]

This well-known crank is not from the USA [1]. He brought r.b.p to
its current low level [2] by his remorseless spamming [3] before
complaints to abuse@his_ISP brought him down. No-one who has ever
heard of him would ever consider wasting money on a book by this
semi-literate nutcase.

[1] He is a Canadian, originally from England.

[2] There used to be many, many more active, knowlegable participants
in r.b.p.

[3] He would paste his stock diatribe as a reply to nearly every
message posted.

--
-Richard, His Kanubic Travesty

Richard Hopley, Winston-Salem, NC, USA
rhopley[at]earthlink[dot]net 1-301-775-0471
Nothing really matters except Boats, Sex, and Rock'n'Roll.
rhople[at]wfubmc[dot]edu 1-336-713-5077
OK, OK; computer programming for scientific research also matters.