Wade Norton

Default Help, Double Paddle Question

The Concave side is the "power face" and should be facing toward the stern.
The Convex side should be facing toward the bow. I assume it's also a
balanced blade in which case you want to make sure it's in the water
correctly too. (usually that means the manufacturers name/logo can be seen
and read while paddling).

good luck

Wade

"CanoeArt" wrote in message
Hi, I need some help here, I most recently bought a Bending Branches wood
double paddle, with scooped blades. I hope this does not sound stupid

but
here goes.

I have been using the paddle with the blade, spoon side, scooping the

water, am
I using this properly?

Yesterday I started paddling with the convex side pushing the water and it
seemed to work easier, like you would us a bent shaft single paddle, eh?

I have been using a straigth bladed double paddle.

CanoeArt

"Keep a Paddle in the Water at All Times"