Don ßailey

Default Boat Name Changing

"Steve Helling" wrote in message
I know this is probably a little silly, but . . .

I'm considering buying a boat that I otherwise like, except the name,

which
I don't. I believe there is an old nautical superstition that it's bad

luck
to change a boat (or ship) name. I'm wondering how commonly this is done,
and does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Steve H.

I have given in to the superstition. I managed to remove the name of
a boat I bought several years ago but can't seem to bring myself
to re-name her.

Im thinking..

"If it ain't broke..."

db

p.s. I can tell you that "easy-off" oven cleaner WILL take that paint off
where others fail. NOTE: have PLENTY of rags/papertowels ready.
If you don't, the paint will just run down and adhere itself again.
Oh ya...The letters don't generally stay together when that happens.