Oci-One Kanubi

Default initial kayak impressions

(William R. Watt) typed:

on the topic of lessons, there's been quite a heated debate in the local
Ottawa paddling newsgroup ott.rec.canoe-kayak. I'm on the "no lessons" side
of the discussion.

That's fascinating. Would you mind posting some of the rationales for
deliberately attempting a difficult and mildly dangerous activity
incompetantly? I'd be really interested to read about 'em.

Personally, I am sooooooo grateful to those (the late Roger Corbett
first amongst them chronologically, and Bob Foote first amongst them
in terms of skill and professionalism) who taught the classes I took
almost annually for ten years. The fact that I now border upon
skillful has *so* enhanced the enjoyment I get from boating!

--
-Richard, His Kanubic Travesty

PS, if you talk to Parham, please tell him to eMail me!

Richard Hopley, Winston-Salem, NC, USA
rhopley[at]earthlink[dot]net 1-301-775-0471
Nothing really matters except Boats, Sex, and Rock'n'Roll.
rhople[at]wfubmc[dot]edu 1-336-713-5077
OK, OK; computer programming for scientific research also matters.