Peter

Default Folbot air sponson replacement question.

bp wrote:

A silly question for you. My Aleut air sponsons have both developed
leaks around the base of the tube containing the valve. How do I
thread a new tube into the kayak?

The new sponson tube from Folbot will come with instructions. I found it
easiest to fold the end of the new sponson around a broomstick handle
(Folbot suggested using a longeron tube) and using that to push it into the
sleeve inside the hull. It only took a few minutes to install. If you're
the original owner you should be covered under Folbot's lifetime warranty.