swim learning

Default software jobs near whitewater

I live in Northern New Jersey and find that there are many rivers in
the area. I am only a class 1 canoer/kayaker, however there are many
serious whitewater rivers within a 3 hour drive. The Appalachian
Mountain Club is quite active here - check
http://www.amc-ny.org/rec_actv/canoe/cksched.html for their schedules.
Here is their schedule for other activities like backpacking, hiking
and bicycling: http://www.amc-ny.org/scheduleonline.shtml. Closest
skiing is at Mountain Creek, Vernon. Though it is not a highly rated
ski resort - I enjoy going there (I am a below average skier). Closest
cross country skiing at Highpoint, NJ -
http://www.xcskihighpoint.com/.

Used to be lots of software jobs, though market is bad right now.
Warning: NJ has the highest population density among all states -
crowded.

"Ms. Whitewater" wrote in message ...
Hi all

I'm a newly-unemployed software developer with a passion for whitewater
kayaking. I live in Seattle which is near all kinds of great whitewater
kayaking, but the software job market here is brutal.

So my question to all you folks out there is this:

Where is software development going on near whitewater kayaking? I'm
willing to move anywhere in the US, I'm hoping to live near lots of rivers,
near skiing too would be even better.

Suzie - who would happily write software on the river if she could...