Randy Hodges

Default software jobs near whitewater

"Ms. Whitewater" wrote in message ...

Where is software development going on near whitewater kayaking? I'm
willing to move anywhere in the US, I'm hoping to live near lots of rivers,
near skiing too would be even better.

Suzie - who would happily write software on the river if she could...

I am a software developer in Reno Nevada. It has a lot to recommend
it. The Truckee River runs right through town - I can paddle on my
lunch hour. They are developing a permanent 21 mile long "Whitewater
Park" here. Construction will begin next month. There are probably a
dozen good whitewater runs within a two-hour drive. We have an active
whitewater club. The Mt. Rose Ski area is a 20 minute drive from my
home. There are many other ski areas just slightly farther.

The unemployment rate is just over 4% and there are many high-tech
companies relocating here (mostly from California) because of the
positive business environment. No guarantees of a job but it wouldn't
hurt to include "Reno/Tahoe" in your Monster.com (or whatever)
searches.

Randy