F.O.A.D. F.O.A.D. is offline

Default WalMart Asks Customers to Donate Food to Its Employees

On 11/19/13, 2:37 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 19 Nov 2013 14:07:55 -0500, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

Walmart Asks Customers To Donate Food To Its Needy Employees

A Cleveland Walmart store is holding a food drive - for its own employees.

"Please donate food items so associates in need can enjoy Thanksgiving
dinner," reads a sign accompanied by several plastic bins.

The Cleveland Plain Dealer first reported on the food drive, which has
sparked outrage in the area.

"That Walmart would have the audacity to ask low-wage workers to donate
food to other low-wage workers - to me, it is a moral outrage," Norma
Mills, a customer at the store, told the Plain Dealer.

A company spokesman defended the food drive, telling the Plain Dealer
that it is evidence that employees care about each other.

Wal-Mart has been criticized for paying low wages to its 2.2 million
employees.

Last week, 50 people were arrested after protesting the retailer's pay
at a store in Los Angeles.

Wal-Mart turned a profit of $15.7 billion last year.

The ironic thing is Walmart actually pays slightly above the industry
average for retail. It is the mom and pop they replaced who really
offers ****ty jobs (generally lower wages and no benefits).
Walmart is actually seen as a good job out in flyover land. It is the
urban stores where you see these protests.

What's ironic is that no matter what the right does to **** over low
income people, you support it.

--
Religion: together we can find the cure.