Califbill Califbill is offline

Default Speaking of guns and horses

"F.O.A.D." wrote:
On 11/13/13, 7:38 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 11/13/2013 7:18 AM, John H wrote:

The idea that a cop could search, warrantless, your home and this
would be acceptable is
unfathomable.

John H. -- Hope you're having a great day!

I agree that a search of your home without a warrant showing probable
cause is unfathomable. The sneaky thing about this selectman's proposal
is that the authorization for the cops to search is tied to your permit
to own firearms. In other words, you don't agree .. you can't legally
own a firearm. To me, his idea is that in order to qualify for a gun
permit you must give the police permission to enter and search your home
ahead of time.

If there is a local law requiring guns to be locked up safely, how is
that law to be enforced?

Here's an idea:

If you have a gun and it is supposed to be locked and a kid gets his
hands on it and shoots himself or someone else, *you* go to prison.

Or, if someone steals a firearm and you don't report it right away, you go to prison.

In California, your guns not secured and a kid gets them, you can go to
prison. What happens if you do not realize a weapon has been stolen?
Still go to prison? What if you car is stolen, and is in an accident, and
you have not reported it stolen?