Default HELP PLEASE - Perished Rubber.......and rubber adhesives

Anyone suggest a surface treatment that can be applied to rubber window
seals that are perishing and beginning to leak? The rubber is not exactly
perishing in the sense that it's not wrinkling and cracking, but the surface
is breaking down into a kind of black powder and the seals are not
effectively sealing rainwater out. I've tried re-sealing the windows with
silicone rubber and silicon grease applied over the old rubber, but these
don't seem to last for more than a couple of weeks before water again pours
into the wheelhouse.

I remember being told once that raw fairy liquid worked into degrading
rubber is a good way of revitalising it. The leaky valves in my Avon
inflatible dinghy have been kept working for years by using a drenching in
fairy liquid each year. I can't remeber if it had to be fairy liquid or if
any brand of concentrated washing up liquid would work.

next question - repairing Avon inflatables - what kind of adhesive should be
used to patch and repair Avon inflatables? Presumably it's an Evode type of
adhesive with waterproof qualities and requires both surfaces to be coated
and allowed to dry before making the join. Any advice on the type of
adhesive would be welcome, particularly info on lower cost alternatives as
I'm sure Avon will sell adhesives for a Kings ransom!

Any comments or advice on these appreciated....kfm