Lofty

Default Mercruiser 140 HP 3 Litre

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 08:52:18 GMT, "Barleycorn"
wrote:

Next chapter in the Mercruiser saga, if anyone is interested!!

I think that I have traced the problem to a rusted out manifold water
jacket. There is a hole through to the end exhaust port, and I expect when
it gets hot it lets water in the adjacent inlet port.

Better start looking for a secondhand manifold. Nearly $500 on the
Mercruiser parts.com website, which usually means the same in pounds by the
time we are ripped off over here. Anyone got a siezed up 3 litre Mercruiser
sitting out in the shed?!!

Cheers, Barleycorn.

I seem to recall paying about $250 for a new manifold, six bolt,
rochester carb model from the states, had to pay the import duty and
vat so it was about the same in £'s.

Looking at the catalog the 2.5L engine has the same manifold listed,
so how about that other engine you had a chance of?

Meanwhile I'll keep my eyes open, we get the odd motor in with a blown
bottom end that has some suitable spares available, and I'll try to
find some more suppliers but I usually use www.sierramarine.com .

HTH

John