Barleycorn

Default Mercruiser 140 HP 3 Litre

Hi all,

I have a Mercruiser 140 HP 3 Litre engine in my Fletcher, approx 1988
vintage. Due to the engine water pump failing I think that I have cooked
the head. Does anyone know if this engine was used in any Vauxhall /
Bedford vehicles, so that I can find a head?

The other thing that crossed my mind was fitting a diesel if doing this
engine up would cost too much. Lancing marine does a kit to fit the Ford
1.8 diesel onto the Mercruiser outdrive. I happen to have a good
Turbocharged 1.8 in an old Sierra, which I am told you could get 80
Horsepower out of with a bit of tweaking. Has anyone had experience of
doing this?

All advice gladly accepted!!

TIA Barleycorn.