Peter Stockdale

Default electric outboard motor

"Tero" wrote in message ...
Hello

I bought an electric outboard motor to my rowing boat.
Motor is made in Russia. As you all can guess the thrust
isnīt wery good. Itīs poor. Motor works normally with 12v.
battery, and I was thinking if it can handle two
12v. batteries in series. Voltage and current would then
rise to double.
If the motor doesnīt break it will go faster, right?
What do you think?
Can the motor handle the extra 12volts or will it break?

thanks.

Suggest you prepare for a spot of rowing - break predicted.
If you used the batts in parallel you would double the time though.
pete
www.thecanalshop.com