posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising
Sir Gregory Hall, Esq· Sir Gregory Hall, Esq· is offline

Default How about a blister report, Capt. Skippy?

"Flying Pig" wrote in message
Neal/Greg/Wilbur (how's Wilbur these days? Haven't heard from him in a LONG
time...)'s left below for reference...

Not Moira?

I wonder how your reefer does with that big hole in the insulation (the
drain to the bilge).

There is no big hole. There is a small hole atop of which I have
placed a little slab of 1/2 styrofoam encased in a Zip Lock baggie.

y'know, a good thermostat would prevent that beer freezing. Make your
reefer side whatever temp you want, and make the freezer box run until you
achieve that, cycling in whatever hysteresis level points you want (ours is
32/34, but we have a spillover and fan, so the freezer is the controlled
temp, the reefer dumping its heat into that, at 8/10 cycle points).

Since I put the beer in the evaporator (small vertical version) even at
low thermostat settings it will eventually freeze. I'd rather opt for the
simpler solutions and for that reason I don't spend nearly as much
time as you troubleshooting failed and failing systems.

I like my Coke (no more than one a day) and Lydia her beer (no more than 3 a
day) to be ICE cold. A circulating fan in both boxes keeps
the temps even...

Me too. I like little ice crystals forming when I pop the top. My box
is small and a ciruculating fan is just something else to use
electricity and cause problems. My ice cold beer in the freezer
section also acts like a trouble-free holding plate.

I just finished epoxy-slurry filling the prior mounting holes from the old
evaporator, in prep for tomorrow's installation (presuming that the parts
arrived today as expected); pix some day (I'm so far behind in logs and pix
I'm afraid to open the file)...

You could probably have used your existing evaporator simply by
connecting it to your new evaporator.

Sir Gregory