F.O.A.D. F.O.A.D. is offline

Default New iPhone...

On 11/3/13, 10:58 AM, wrote:
On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 08:31:18 -0500, HankĀ©
wrote:

For a hundred bucks I get 1450 talk minutes, 1450 messages, and 1.45 gig
of data. It'll take me several month, hell, maybe a year, to use up all
of that.

I may not have used that many minutes on the phone (cell or wired) in
my whole life (certainly for the last 20 years). That is 60 days on
the phone if you never hung up.

Of course I think there are people who don't ever hang up these days.
What the hell do they have to talk about?

This past week one of my clients wanted me to write and add an entire
new section to a brochure we are revising. He was leaving for Europe for
a couple of weeks of business travel and we spent nearly three hours on
the phone discussing it and taking notes while he was at his office,
being driven to BWI, and waiting for his plane. That accounted for 175
minutes, according to my call logger (billable hours, you know).

Apparently that is the price you pay when the work you do is cerebral
and doesn't involve banging nails into 2x4's.

The messages part intrigues me. I have a nephew in his senior year at
University of Chicago who has maintained a 4.0 average (math major), who
racks up more than 2000 text messages a month, virtually all to his
girlfriend at Cal Tech. She also has a very high GPA. If they go to grad
school, I'm hoping they go to the same one so they can move in together
and communicate in more socially satisfying ways.

--
Religion: together we can find the cure.