Hank©[_3_] Hank©[_3_] is offline

Default New iPhone...

On 11/3/2013 10:40 AM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
On 11/3/13, 9:56 AM, wrote:
On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 09:17:33 -0500, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

You can get a new iPhone 4S for ninety-nine cents with a two year
contract. I think you can get an unlimited talk, unlimited message, and
a GB of data for around $100 a month and that would be the same for any
smart phone you choose. Multiple phones on the same share plan would be
less per phone.

It is amazing to me that people think $1200 a year for a phone is
cheap.
You just told us you don't even use your phone that much.

I use the email and data (file transfers, downloads, et cetera) more
than I use voice. I checked the other day and I am using about 400
minutes of "voice" a month, more or less. That's more than I thought.

The plan I have allows me to "tether" my laptop to my iPhone where there
is no wi-fi available to me. Several of my clients are in financial
services and for various security reasons have no wi-fi in their
offices, and no "guest" wired account access for visitors of any type. I
sometimes have to make adjustments to deliverables at those offices, and
I need internet access to do it.

I am "privileged" (ha!) to have three other cell phone users and one
cell modem user on my account, all relatives (college students) in
distant states. They "share" my unlimited account. Student subsidies!
But they are much less expensive on an add a line basis.

Also, I was able to get rid of one of our wired home phone lines, for a
savings of about $60 a month.

Cell services in this country are much more expensive than in many other
countries, just as high speed internet is. We 'Muricans don't seem to
mind being gouged on prices.

But you do seem to have a problem paying taxes. Why is that? Don't you
trust the government to spend your money wisely?